Conditions: 34F and clear, it was dark too
Commentary: It’s been a while since YHC had posted for a Curahee beatdown and it had been a while since a Curahaee Ruck-workout had been held. Seeing that Dec 7th landed on a Curahee day, YHC felt that this may be a good time to get back into the suck of things and also honor the fallen of Pearl Harbor. ==> 9 Faithful Pax took the DRP and posted - TWO Shovel Flags were planted in the gloom!
Disclaimer: Not a pro / workout at own risk / modify if necessary / get better
- SSH X 15 IC
- Monkey Humpers IC X 24 (2,403 men lost in the attack)
- HR Merkins IC X 17 (169 aircraft destroyed)
- Squats IC X 24
- Ruck Curls IC X 17
- Ruck Overhead Presses – single count X 24
- 6 Burpees (6 Ships sunk)
The Thang: - we set up a four corners format spanning half the field.
4 min sets of 6 AMRAPs dedicated to the ships lost: (We mostly ended up trying to chase Groundblind around the field...)
- USS Arizona BB-39 – total loss
Run length of the field and Bear Crawl across the field / 39 Merkins at each corner
- USS Oklahoma BB-37 – total loss
Run to long cones and Crab walk to short cones / 37 squats
- USS California BB-44
Run length of the field and Lunge walk across the field / 44 Dips at a bench at each corner
- USS West Virginia BB-48
Run length of field and Crawl Bears across the field / 48 LBCs at each corner
- USS Utah BB-31 / AG-16 – total loss
Mosey to corner / 31 Overhead press at each corner
- USS Oglala CM-4
Mosey to each corner / 40 Ruck Curls at each corner
Almost outa time - but we gotta have some Mary:
- Flutter Kicks X 25 IC
- Sit Ups X 37 single count
- Pickle Pounders X 20 IC
- Leg Lifts X 16 single count
Pearl Harbor Facts
- 180 Japanese aircraft – two waves
- Attack lasted two hours
- Tora-Tora-Tora means Tiger-Tiger-Tiger in Japanese
- USS Arizona – 1,100 killed
- 2,403 service members lost and 1,178 wounded
- 6 US ships - sunk
- USS Arizona – total loss – remains sunken
- USS Oklahoma – total loss
- USS California
- USS West Virginia
- USS Utah – total loss
- USS Oglala
- 169 aircraft destroyed
- Next day – Japanese attacked Guam and Wake Island and Philippines
- Yamamoto was killed in 1943 – shot down over Solomon Islands
- Christmas Gifts for families – most are now taken but Pax are encouraged to team up with whomever has stepped up to help out. Mix-allot and Wall-E are also collecting money for gift cards for food.
- Work Day at North Hartsville Planned for Sat Dec 8th – 10 AM
- Two Pax heading to Marion tomorrow to Q a workout – anyone is invited to go.
Prayer led by Goldilocks – special intentions for Little Jack’s parents, Last Rites and his father (heart attack), prayers for Dylan Adams as he receives further chemo and prepares for surgery
Green Acres has been reaching out to some Pax who no longer post and is learning that some are suffering or struggling. He encouraged us all to reach out, listen and support those pax in need.
Pledge of Allegiance
Ruck work outs are tough for YHC, the extra weight provides a new dimension of stress and strain. Often a number of reps which may sound easy become very difficult when carrying a ruck. YHC overestimated what we could accomplish in the gloom this morning.
While a 45 min ruck beatdown brings the suck, it doesn’t compare to 2 hrs of dive bombing, torpedoes and gun strafing from Japanese attack plans on surprised men early on weekend morning. All pax eagerly took on the challenges today as we thought about those lost at Pearl Harbor, Dec 7th, 1941.
Eisenhower stepped up to Q next week. He seemed encouraged by the Pickle Pounders...
Great work by all.